Quantcast

Monday, October 8, 2012

I love you J.M.

If you have given birth then you know that having a child is one of the most beautiful & amazing experiences in the world. Looking into your baby's eyes it’s hard to believe you actually made something so amazing… assuming you aren't suffering from post partum (yes it’s real, Tom Cruise).
In the midst of all this bliss comes that inevitable day when you will stumble in front of the mirror naked and realize that you have a looooong road of diet and exercise ahead of you. UGHHH. This was not supposed to happen to me. My mom always told me the story of how she walked out of the hospital in her blue jeans so I thought I would surely do the same, RIGHT!? Pfhhhh, WRONG! My exit was more of a limp (that’s a whole other story) in a big ass maternity skirt, and a shirt that was just tight enough to really flaunt my new beer gut. Not quite the blue jean exit I was envisioning. Still, I had a healthy baby so I didn't think too much about it, I was just happy to be heading home.
Six weeks later I finally got the 'okay' to work out from my doctor. I was so excited to load up the jogging stroller with bebe in tow and have a nice little jaunt around the neighborhood. Two strides later I was already turning back up the driveway towards the house, pissed off to the high heavens. Why give up so fast one might ask? Maybe because my hooters were full of milk and the few steps I did take made them feel as if a vengeful knight was throwing daggers directly into each breast. So back into the house I went where I shoved my pitiful face full of food, I was still a starving, breastfeeding mom after all. Needless to say I was getting very discouraged until my sister saved the day with..... drum roll please….Jillian Michaels! 
Thank you bohoS! My sis suggested a Jillian Michaels workout video called the 30-Day Shred: a 20 minute workout at home. All you need is a set of dumbbells and a mat, which I already had! $10 on Amazon and a few days later I was on level 1 and hurtin'! But it was a good hurt! I was able to change the movements to ease the pain in my milk jugs and I never had to leave my son, who was my top priority. As soon as Driscoe would fall asleep, I'd 30-Day Shred for 20 minutes, shower, pump, and BOOM, he's awake. Mommy’s endorphins were pumping from her workout and the road to baby weight-loss didn’t seem so long after all! 
Driscoe is now 10 months old and I'm officially back in my old jeans. They might be a LITTLE snug after the weekend, but that's why I love flowy blouses! It definitely took WAAAAAAAAY longer than I had anticipated, but now I know what to expect for the next bebe.  I know it’s silly and shallow to be that obsessed about your body image, but it’s real and it’s who I am…and dammit I can't help it! 
My advice to new mommy's still rockin' the baby beer gut is to try Jillian Michaels as your personal trainer. And if you don't want the muffin top, buy jeans that fit! 

(Note: Diet, unfortunately, also played a large part in my baby weight-loss. No fast food, no sodas, for the most part, but I will never refrain from an ice cold beer and a glass of vino, or two, or three.)

-bohojb


 errrr, not quite the same transformation for me, but you get the idea....J.M. know's whats up!

No comments:

Post a Comment