Quantcast

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Last night.....

Last night Sarah and I took the babies to see their Great Grandma Salinas in Pearland.  For the last 18 years our Aunts and Uncles have been taking care of her so she can live in the comfort of her own home.  The home my late Uncle Jim built for she and my Grandpa.  The way her 7 kids have come together so she can live in that special home has been a huge lesson in love, patience, compassion, and so much more.  Quite frankly, we all have some big shoes to fill when it comes to taking care of our parents, and hopefully, one day, our babies will do the same for us.

We want our Aunts, Uncles and my Dad to know how incredible we think you are (as well as your spouses). As you look to a nursing home for the next step in Grandma's long beautiful life, we hope you know she will be fine there. She will always have her children by her side, and that is where her home truly is - with all of you. 

I think I need 6 more babies.


From one of our favorite tunes:



Guess I could have waited for them to finish chewing!


Of course they wanted to play in the room with the MOST breakables.




Our Grandpa, UH Business School Grad. First Coog of the family!


I love this picture so much.

They let us turn the bubble machine on in the living room! The kids loved it!



He was loving his Grandpa last night.

Our best friend Audra and her sweet-as-pie daughter, Isla came to visit Grandma as well. These 2 girls have the biggest hearts ever!


See? Snuggling with Grandpa all night.

Our little cherub.


Yep, Driscoe is picking his nose & Dax is pissed. We tried!

The best moment of the night. 








He brought the biggest smile to her face. Children are truly God's greatest gifts. 






4 comments:

  1. So precious and so sweet. It brings Great Grands SUCH joy to see all the little ones. Y'all are the sweetest family. That pic of Mo making her laugh is unreal. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Precious through and through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me cry. It reminded me of my own grandmothers and great-grandmothers and how much I love and miss them. Thank you so much for sharing. It's so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so special. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete