Quantcast

Monday, August 26, 2013

he's 2


August 7, 2013 Dax Joseph DeVon turned 2.

I planned a little gathering with some of his play-date buddies, thinking cupcakes and pizza (his favorite), small and simple.   Then Jason found a small bouncy house that would fit in our back yard, a snow cone machine and I remembered that with our family, small and simple just isn't realistic.

   
   





The party was a blast and easily the happiest day of Dax's 2 year life.  He jumped, he laughed, he chased the girls, and he got serenaded by his Grandpa Jimbob.  We ended the night with a group hug and Dax went to sleep in a new Elmo t-shirt with his lightsaber. 

You guys, I do not even know how to explain how much I love him.  I cried and still cry every time I think of how fast he is growing.  It feels so ridiculous, but it's been 2 weeks since his birthday and I still can't write this without shedding tears.  I wasn't like this when he turned 1, 2 is different....he's not a baby anymore.  He walks more than I carry him, he feeds himself, he tells me he loves me.  A few other things about this little person that I am so blessed to watch grow. 

He always is looking out for his brother "Morrith"
He thinks Jason is the most perfect interesting funny human being that ever existed
He always greets "Deecoe" with a big hug and kiss
He thinks that his Uncle Joe lives on a boat with his fish and has a helicopter
He's not a big eater, but loves pizza and broccoli
He says "oh shit" a lot, definitely my fault
He's bossy
Adores his grandparents, aunts and uncles
Loves the water, hates the sand
Always asks for his cousin Trevor
Loves to say NO, hates to hear NO
He's girl crazy
He loves his teata (bottle) and his mina (blanket)
Negotiates delaying bed time by requesting couch time
Loves getting his hair slicked back
Has had me wrapped around his lil finger since day one.

day one

6 months

12 months








18 months


24 months


To many more birthdays and many more happy tears.

Love,
bohoSappySarah





No comments:

Post a Comment