Quantcast

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

All In


I have FINALLY found something that I love and can pour my mind, body and soul into: The Moonlight Dolls and Prohibition. It has made me feel so happy and fulfilled that it would be wrong if I did not share my journey because I believe that everyone deserves to feel this exact same way. In the past, I found myself going through the motions each day, wanting to fully divulge myself into my work, but it just wasn't happening. I was fighting a battle but I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted the end result to be. I had no clear goal other than to get a nice paycheck. It wasn't cutting it for me. I. Was. So. Bored. 

One day, I started listening to the message that was coming from inside of me. Have you ever really stopped to listen to what your heart is saying? It sounds so corny, but I am serious. Forget about what looks good on paper or what everyone else approves of and ask yourself, 'What do I really want?' If it's money and possessions then I can tell you that you'll need to dig deeper. Think BIGGER! You have to create a vision and have faith that you have exactly what it takes to make whatever it is that you want come to pass. If your heart is pure, and if what you want isn't driven by selfishness, then the money and the posesssions will come. Set a goal based on what your heart desires and God will do the rest of the work. Don't get me wrong, God will not type your emails or do your taxes, but he will place opportunities in front of you that you could have never discovered on your own. It is up to you to do the dirty work. There is a wonderful quote that I once read and it goes like this, "Do not lose sight of the big picture when doing small things." Yes, there are times when I'm doing day-to-day tasks and I want to blow my brains out. It's then that I stop, take a deep breath and remember why I am here in the first place. Discovering what I really wanted out of life has been a long road. There were times it seemed that I would never figure it out, but still, I did not settle. I refused to sit back and live a life of complacency. Everyone has something inside of them that they so innately desire, the problem is that it can seem so ridiculous we'll opt for the path of least resistance. That is not how God created us to be. We have been given so much more power but it's either misused, abused or worse, not used at all. I encourage everyone to spend time alone each day and contemplate what it is that you truly want out of life and what steps you can take that day in order to get it. Make a plan. Once you have a plan, believe in it. Believe in yourself and work hard. Be nice to people even when they are not nice to you. Take the high road. Do not seek revenge. Do not hold grudges. Do not judge. Forgive and forget. Make choices based on love and compassion. It's hard, but it's worth it. Once you start being true to yourself and being a good person, your dreams will unfold before your very eyes. I am living proof. If you don't believe me, then buckle up and follow me on this crazy journey as I strive to make The Moonlight Dolls a world-renowned song and dance troupe full of happy, motivated, strong people. 

I went through my library and chose a few (a lot) of photos and quotes that I have found inspiring for one reason or other. I hope they help you too! 
 














In love we trust,
bohoGrace

1 comment:

  1. I love this Grace! I love you wholehearted honesty of what you want out of life! God perfects those things that concern us. He initiates our friendships. He will carry you on this journey letting you lead and when your not sure He will guide us, refining us along the way. Love ya sweet Grace.

    ReplyDelete