Quantcast

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Guest Blogger - bohoCRUSH Carla

Empowerment. It’s such an easy thing – positive reinforcement – but the effects of someone else believing in your potential are HUGE. Imagine how successful we could all be if we had this on a regular basis – like a vitamin!

And it works across all realms of life, from a stay-at-home mom to an executive. When my sister (who doesn't have kids of her own yet) tells me I am an awesome mom, I not only believe her, but I feel that I have to live up to her words daily. Until I crash again and need to hear it again. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful support system in terms of my family and friends that someone always knows when to say the right thing at the right time.
My point? Even if you are totally caught up in your life and your things – there has to be someone you know that you can give this gift to.

BohoSarah has given me this gift on more than one occasion. She tells it to me like it is, sometimes even to a fault– but her belief in me makes me believe in myself. I think we all need this on a regular basis. Maybe not daily, but often. 

And I kid you not, there are days when I just don’t want to get out of bed, and I have a pretty darn good life! But I hear my sister’s words or Sarah’s and I dust myself off, fix my hair and put something cute on and find my cojones and that belief that I am a good mom and a good writer, editor, etc.

So, go out and empower someone you love, respect, look up to or just have a girl crush on (oh yeah, it has to be a girl – we gotta stick together, ladies) – and make some magic happen!

Peace. 





We love our dear friend Carla, you can read her 002 blog here 
or follow her on instagram valencarla
and dont forget to pick up your copy of 002 Magazine and dive in!

Also, if you are looking for a fun girls night tonight, comment or email us at sarah@bohoblack.com for more info about our Magical DePetra GIRLS NIGHT!!!  Come get Empowered, look at pretty DePetra jewelry, drink some vino and chill!

Happy Thirsty Thursday!
Love,
BohoSarah





No comments:

Post a Comment