Quantcast

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Moving forward and happily looking back.

Well the time has come; tomorrow is officially my last day at my current job. I'm really excited about what the future may hold at my new gig, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to be leaving this place and the friends that I've spent everyday with for the past 6 years.

I remember the day I came to interview, I just wanted to run errands for these crazy trader dudes and make a little money. I pretty much had zero expectations for myself besides doing just that.  Fast forward to now, and I have been given so many opportunities to work my way up to a great position where I have gained knowledge I didn't think capable for myself.  I know these opportunities I have been given are a rarity. Usually you have to do some serious interning and have a pretty big degree to help run the mid/back office at a hedge fund, or you have to work underneath senior schedulers before you get to start scheduling a book by yourself, but I have worked with people that saw potential in me, and forced me to see it in myself.

From then on I have always told myself that I can do anything as long as I work hard, and that's the attitude I will bring to my next gig.  To the dudes here that have always pushed for me in this office to take over responsibilities and tackle new tasks, I will always be grateful for the confidence you have had in me.  This has been the best 'first real job' experience I could have ever asked for.  The environment, the people, their families, it's been a real blessing, and I will miss it, but it's time for me to start a new chapter.  Thankfully I will be heading to a company I know and love with an opportunity to grow even more!  There is a saying I live by in my work life said by the one and only Conan O'Brien:



I can say with confidence that I have worked really hard, and I think I was pretty kind, so what i'm trying to say is, Conan is a genius.

To new chapters and old!! Cheers! 

Love, bohoHoolia


No comments:

Post a Comment