Quantcast

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Jimi Weekend



I've been waiting for this day for months, the Jimi Hendrix biopic Jimi: All Is By My Side comes to the Sundance Theater on Friday September 26th.  Check out the link below if you would like to reserve tickets.  I would most definitely be there but my sweet husband surprised me with a weekend getaway to Nashville to attend the Experience Hendrix tour!! We have no plans other than seeing the show on Friday night and wandering around Saturday.  If anyone has some Nashville suggestions please pass them along!   

And back to the movie, writer and director John Ridley said:  "I wanted the audience to see Jimi as a person rather than iconography, this was a guy who was well read and really into Science Fiction.  He had an amazing world view and we're here because 47 years later, we're still inspired by his music and that time and that era."  Yes we are Mr. Ridley, yes we are.


I had to share this photograph by April Maciborka because holy shit.

Movie Tickets - Sundance Theater
Experience Hendrix Tickets - The tour comes to Houston on October 2nd. 

I hope you get some Jimi in your life this week or sometime soon.  Check out the movie, go to a concert, or just listen to some jams, because he has magical inspirational powers and deserves a Jimi weekend.


Love,
bohoSarah

No comments:

Post a Comment