Quantcast

Monday, November 17, 2014

It's my fault

Last week was a hectic one, I spent most of it at a work conference and nights at long work dinners. My mom helped watch Dax & Mo and our nanny put in a lot of extra hours.  I was so excited to get home on Friday and have a normal, laid back, cozy night in with my guys.  That afternoon our nanny greeted me at the door as did a very guilty looking Dax; I was informed that he punched 2 kids in school, peed his pants twice and punched our nanny.  I didn't even know he knew how to punch.  I immediately had a sick, sinking feeling "this is my fault".   Too much work and partying Sarah means lunatic, punching and peeing Dax.

I love being a working mom, and I'm proud of all I can accomplish in a day, when weeks like this past one happen I'm so grateful for my wild little gut checks.  I didn't have those checks and balances before Dax and Mo.  Working late, happy hours, dinners out, they pile up quickly and before I knew it I was worn down and muffin toppin.  We spent the weekend playing, chatting, cooking and doing whatever Dax and Mo wanted to do.  Filling up their love cups as I like to say and so far he hasn't punched anyone.  

Dax waking me up in the morning....I was a bit hungover and tired and thought it would be a fun idea to let him dress himself.  
Which he did, awesomely.
And then next day I thought it would be fun to do it again...because I was too tired. 
This morning I woke up early and helped him get dressed, then took him to lunch after school.  Filling his lil love cup is my favorite thing to do.


This is definitely not a post about how wonderful of a mother I am, and I am 100% OK with that.  There will be more wild weeks, there will be more long nights, there will be more "just five more minutes" mornings.  I'm trying to be at peace with every situation that comes my way (even a left hook from a 3 year old) and when the gut check calls, to listen and respond.
Love,
bohoSarah

More about the love cup here

No comments:

Post a Comment