Quantcast

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Keepin' It Real // My Life Lately

Lately I've been trying to find my balance between work and home and it has not been easy. My mean inner voice is constantly telling me I'm failing, and I don't disagree, I mean, my 3 year old eats chicken nuggets or corn dogs, almost every single night. I could rattle off a list of other departments where I feel I'm 'sucking', but what's the point. This is life. There are ups, there are downs. Right now, I'm just trying to keep my head above water and remember that women all over the world deal with the same exact thing. 

Today, someone sent me this article right on time. I'm sure you have seen it on your Facebook feeds as it's definitely #trending right now, because as I said above, 'women all over....'
I read one paragraph and felt a sigh of relief;  I wanted to share it with you:

"You can too, Young Mama. The new mom brain can be a real enemy, saying you are not enough and falling apart and a hot mess. But look at your children. Their shoes are on the correct feet, at least one has combed hair, those round bellies are clearly well-fed, and peek in their little eyes: lot of light in there, Mom. Those are the eyes of loved, cherished, cared-for babies. You’re doing it. You are raising whole humans, healthy and happy and safe."

After reading that I looked through some pics of my babies on my iPhone at work, something I do often. She was right. They are fed, even if it's not a home cooked meal, they are happy, they have on clothes and shoes, and they are loved. So, to my mean inner voice, leave me alone, you lose today. I'm sure we'll chat again soon, but next time i'll remind myself as I look through my iPhone pics to focus on their happy faces, and ignore the fact that I will not be cooking dinner tonight, again. 


love,
bohoBoolie 
#keepinitreal

3 comments:

  1. You are seriously NOT alone and it gets worse.....try throwing in sports/ect. You will be stretched On which kid to watch today or eating concession stand food cause you have had softball for 5 days straight after you have worked 8 hours and when you do get off you literally have 45 mins to get the kids from daycare, get home with inly 10min to spare, try and find all the softball crap, uniform, ect (that by the way she wore twice before I washed it) and hope we get out the door without any dramatics (you have sisters...you know) and we are putting on shoes while I drive cause we have 15 min before game time! I have another child in sports that I have to juggle, cause no matter what they all want MOM there. Most of the time I am just going through the motions....if I stopped to pounder things, I would be getting admitted into an insane asylum....seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this made me lol and cringe all at the same time! I guess the struggle is far from over! at least i know i'm not alone!! thanks for sharing!!! xoxoxo

      Delete